Tuesday, August 30, 2011

District Improvement Plan Comparison

DISTRICT IMPROVEMENT PLAN COMPARISON
I reviewed the District Improvement Plans for Austin Independent Schooll District and for my district, Frost Independent School District. At first, I thought this would be a bit challenging and finding similarities would be difficult. I am from a small 1A district and comparing Frost to Austin seemed almost unrealistic. However as I began to break down the information I saw more similarities than I thought I would.FISD and AISD are both focused on the betterment of children.
Success of students at the high school grade level was more of a focus from AISD, but student achievement was the goal for both schools. FISD's DIP does not specifically include funding sources. We have estimated costs, where the AISD goals were specific as to where the funds would come. AISD provided detailed accounts of programs and policies in this report as well as budgetary updates, a comprehensive plan of improvement, a flow chart that was specific from Long term goals all the way down to Employee Performance plans.
FISD's DIP does state the person(s) responsible for implementation and there is room for an evaluation at the end of the year. Some of the goals are very similar. Fisd and AISD are making plans to improve graduation rates, attendance and participation. I suppose those are universal problems whether from small or large districts.

No comments:

Post a Comment